Monday, July 19, 2010

“When you look at a cupcake, you've got to smile."

I am not a big fan of sweets in general... I eat what my husband calls the boringest cereal ever because I don't like the sweet ones, or the taste of sugar, and always have been this way... Even as a small child... Yet, I do have a weakness for cupcakes! I just love them! Yes, I am a cupcake junkie! No only do I love eating them, I love to bake them.

So, today I decided to make a batch of cupcakes for our dessert tonight... But not just any ole cupcake, I made vegan apple pie cupcakes (vanilla cake with pieces of apples), filled with freshly made apple filling, with a vanilla 'cream cheese' frosting, and then topped it with Carmel.

These cupcakes were made completely from scratch and they are completely vegan... But don't let the word vegan trick you... They are to die for! However, I have not tried one yet because I am trying hard to stick to my diet today! I just really wanted to back... My husband on the other hand has had 2 of them, and when I told him they were vegan he was a little surprised since they were so good!

Here is a picture... Please over look the messy presentation of the cupcake... My pastry bag had a hole in it at the base, so when I went to decorate this cupcake it turned out a mess and I had to toss my pastry bag and didn't have a backup one.

No comments:

Post a Comment